Winneconne Village Hall Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Beginning Friday, July 13th a new detour will be in place for the Village of Winneconne. The crews will be working on East Main Street between 13th Avenue and 9th Avenue, therefore to access businesses on the south side of East Main Street you will have to cross at 9th Avenue. The shortcut on 13th Avenue thru K&J will be closed.
It's that time of year again! The Village is treating their residents to a brat fry on July 18th. This year the brat fry will be at Waterfront Park on South 1st Street (across from the Village Hall). All residents are welcome. Meet and talk with your Trustees.Tell them your concerns, ask questions and they will also accept any compliments you might have. The brat fry is 5 PM - 7 PM. See you there!
Village Hall Entrance to Close
Beginning Monday July 9th the entrance to the Village Hall and Police Department offices on South 1st Street will be temporarily closed until July 23rd. During this time, please use the Library entrance on South 2nd Street to access those offices. Sorry for all the inconveniences this has caused our guests. But the good news is, this project will soon be finished.
Summer is always a busy time for the waters in and around the Village of Winneconne. Before you go out this year please check out this website and refresh your memory of all the boating safety rules. Enjoy your long weekend and please have a safe time on and off the water.
Hours: Wednesdays Noon until 7 PM or Dusk and Saturdays 9 AM until 2 PM
Many of you have questions about the detours through and around the Village of Winneconne.The detour will be identified in the community with detour signs and is shown on the 511 website the WisDOT hosts: https://projects.511wi.gov/wis116 The DOT can answer any questions you may about these detours.
Another person you could contact for more information and concerns on the Main Street project would be Scott Hintz, the project supervisor at 715-341-4363.
There are several changes coming next week for all of the construction projects around the Village and we will try to keep you updated on them as it happens. For now, below is the current update for each project and its changes:
- Beginning Monday, June 18th, the Library entrance on South 2nd Street will be closed until July 5th for work on the building. Patrons can use the Village Hall entrance on South 1st Street and take the elevator or stairs to the Library;
- Beginning on June 4th, South 2nd Avenue will be closed between East Main Street and Meadow Lane for thirty (30) days;
- Beginning on Friday, June 8th, South 1st Street will be closed to traffic between West Main Street and Adams Street until the beginning of September. Then at that time south 1st Street will be permanently changed to One-Way south from West Main Street to Adams Street;
- Also, beginning on Friday, June 8th, the detour route will change from South 1st Street, due to the closure, to North 1st Street to Prospect Street then turning south on 2nd Street. This detour change will be in effect for an undetermined length of time. Once we have a certain end date on this detour change, we will let everyone know;
- Peters Concrete with Northeast Asphalt will be grading and placing the first layer of asphalt down on West Main Street. However, Main Street will still be closed to traffic (except to cross it) until the end of the project(s).
As things change we will do our best to keep all of you as informed as we can! Now take advantage of this beautiful weather and get outside to enjoy Winneconne!
On behalf of the Village of Winneconne Board of Trustees, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our Village website. Whether a newcomer, or life-long resident of the village such as myself, I think you will find the Village of Winneconne a hard place to leave. Ours is truly a wonderful community in which to live and work, and most importantly, a great place to raise a family. Our Village offers natural beauty, neighborly kindness with a peaceful quality of life.
We are proud of our excellent schools and full-service local government, our expanding industrial community, our friendly Village businesses, and our exceptional parks system. We are proudly, the only Village in Winnebago County. We are only a few miles from State Highways 45 and 41.
The Wolf River bisects our Village and the north and south boundaries of the Village are Lakes Winneconne and Butte des Morts, home of the finest Walleye and White Bass fishing in Wisconsin. With over 100 acres of parks and open space, the Village of Winneconne is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. The Village is also home to some of Winnebago County's more prominent Corporate Citizens. The Village downtown is well-known for its shopping and vibrant restaurant scene.
Whether you are looking for something to do or considering relocating, we hope you enjoy our website and return often.
John Rogers, Village President
Just a friendly reminder - no plastic bags in recycling carts. It creates unnecessary waste and they get caught up in the sorting equipment. Thanks!